10 Cocktails for Every Trick or Treat This October
It's that spooky time of year, and what better way to celebrate than with your favorite cocktail? Whether you're having a movie night at home or are getting ready for your annual Halloween party, here are 10 great cocktail recipes for even the scariest trick-or-treater to enjoy this month:
10. Nothing rocks you like a Hurricane. Add one part Light Rum and one part Dark Rum. This next step may be a shocker, but you can skip adding any high-sugar juices! Instead, add two parts of Root Crafted Au Pear Organic Cocktail Mixer for a comforting blend of pear juice, lemon and a hint of orange. You can shake-shake-shake it or let it slow dance for a fresh stormy taste.
9. You don't have to be a raving fan of the Walking Dead to enjoy a Zombie or two at your next neighborhood party. Grab your favorite Light Rum, Gold Rum, and Dark Rum, then top it off with a splash of Apricot Brandy. But we're not done yet… now mix with Root Crafted's The Hound Organic Cocktail Mixer for a terrifyingly yummy blend of fresh pink grapefruit, cherry, and turbinado that is to die for!
8. Is there a better way to end a day in the city than with a refreshing Cosmopolitan? Break out your favorite Lemon Vodka and add a touch of Triple sec. Then add Root Crafted's Lemongrass Organic Cocktail Mixer. This refreshing bit of heaven blends Lemongrass' subtle, refreshing flavor with an elderflower simple syrup and a touch of fresh lemon that is sure to calm any witch, ghost, or goblin that rings your bell.
7. After a scary night of trick-or-treat, what could be more fun than a little Hanky-Panky Martini? Mix your favorite Dry Gin, Sweet Vermouth and Fernet Branca with Root Crafted's The Granada Organic Cocktail Mixer. Savor the taste of this healthful cocktail featuring pomegranate, lemongrass, and other goodness on the rocks, and end your night with your favorite horror movie!
6. As you reach the halfway point this fall, step out and try something new with a Negroni. Mix Dry Gin, Sweet Vermouth, and Campari with Root Crafted's Hibi-Hibi Organic Cocktail Mixer. Our freshly brewed hibiscus tea mixture is blended with lemon, lime, sugar, elderflower syrup, and just a touch of honey. You'll feel as strong as every superhero who knocks on your door and feel ready to take on the world too!
5. If you have endured too many tricks and not enough treats this October, you might need to reach for a Painkiller. No, not that kind of painkiller. Add two-thirds Pussers Navy Rum with one-third Root Crafted's The Hound Organic Cocktail Mixer. Put an end to your pain with this yummy blend that can vanquish Mondays, save relationships and usher in world peace!
4. After a long night chasing away vampires and zombies, it's time to awake to a Tequila Sunrise. With two parts of your favorite tequila, you can skip that high-sugar orange juice and grenadine and instead enjoy a healthful Root Crafted's The Cuke Organic Cocktail Mixer. This delicious blend of cucumber and lime juice muddled with elderflower simple syrup makes for a refreshing end to a scary night or an exciting beginning to a new season.
3. Protect yourself from any evil spells with this potion from a good witch called the White Lady. Add two parts Dry Gin and Triple sec to Root Crafted's Lemongrass Organic Cocktail Mixer. Lemongrass' subtle, refreshing flavor with an elderflower simple syrup and a touch of fresh lemon may be the magic you need this October.
2. Who needs Halloween candy when you have a drink as sweet as this? Havana, Cuba is the birthplace of the Mojito, although its exact origin is the subject of debate. It was known that the local South American Indians had remedies for various tropical illnesses. Hence, a small boarding party went ashore on Cuba and came back with ingredients for an effective medicine. You won't have to go so far for your Mojito, as you mix two parts Cuban style Rum with Root Crafted's The Hound Organic Cocktail Mixer. Serve this old-time favorite as the perfect remedy to a scary night.
1. After handing out your last pieces of candy and turning out the lights, what else is there to do than have the last word… with the Last Word? Mix Dry Gin, fresh Green Chartreuse, and Cherry Liqueur with Root Crafted's The Granada Organic Cocktail Mixer. This healthful cocktail featuring pomegranate, lemongrass, and other goodness will ensure you really do have the last word this Halloween!
ROOT Crafted was created by Trish Lauden and Diane Aemisegeo, two Moms who love a good, organic, and natural cocktail. After making their own cocktails for years, they quickly became sick of the long list of ingredients required to make a quick drink, not to mention all the juicing and muddling. After searching for a mixer on the market that met their standards with no luck, they launched ROOT. Today, ROOT Crafted is taking on the mixer market as the all-in-one solution for outstanding, unique, all-natural, and organic cocktails!